Alexandra Pardos Véglia has a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the Complutense University of Madrid, has specialised in diagnosis and treatment of learning and/or neurological disorders in Canada at the University of Montreal and is a qualified expert in child and family psychotherapy from the Sophia Antipolis University in Nice (France).
After graduating in Psychology from the Autonomous University of Madrid, her training and specialisation was carried out abroad, first in Child Psychology - both in educational (early care) and clinical (psychotherapy) areas - and later in clinical Neuropsychology and research.
She has always shown a special interest in the field of Neuroeducation, that is to say, how the knowledge of the brain enables the optimisation of learning capacities and therefore of attention and memory. For this reason, after returning to Spain she worked on the detection of learning difficulties, especially Attention Deficit Disorder with/without Hyperactivity (ADD), both from research (creation of diagnostic tests) and clinical practice (diagnosis and treatment), or working with schools and families.
She has 15 years’ experience in the field of child neuropsychology and psychoeducation. Additionally, she teaches at the Pontificia Comillas University ICADE ICAI and has taught classes in University Master’s Courses in Neuropsychology, Learning Difficulties and Speech Therapy (Complutense University of Madrid, ISEP Madrid and Pablo Olavide University, Seville), as well as training parents and teachers in different schools.
Dr. Pardos has also published in various scientific journals, such as Actas Españolas de Psiquiatría and Revista de Neurología, and magazines in the field of education, such as Revista Iberoamericana de Educación. She has also worked on the creation of a paediatric neuropsychology manual and will soon publish her own Child Neuropsychology Guide with the publisher Editorial Síntesis.
Training, Qualifications and Honours
- Ph.D. in Neuropsychology, Faculty of Psychology and Medicine, Complutense University of Madrid (Spain). Ph.D. courses in clinical Neuropsychology and research at the University of Montreal (Canada).
- Specialisation in Child neuropsychological evaluation, Unidad Complutense, Madrid, and in Diagnosis of neurological and/or learning disorders, CENOP, the Centre for Neuropsychological Evaluation and Educational Guidance, Montreal (Canada).
- Supervised internship programme in neuropsychological evaluation and monitoring of premature infants, Development Centre, Sainte Justine Hospital in Montreal (Canada).
- Training in neuroimaging techniques (EEG, MEG, FMRI, IO, PE ...) CERNEC, Centre for Research in Neuropsychology and Cognition. University of Montreal (Canada).
- Master’s in Early Care: Prevention, Detection and Early Intervention in children from 0 to 6 years old. Faculty of Education, Complutense University, Madrid (Spain).
- University Specialist in Clinical and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy: the child and his/her family: attended classes and supervised clinical cases with Dr. Emilce Dio Bleichmar. (Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid)
- University Diploma: Clinical Intervention in Early Childhood. Psychodynamic Clinical Approach. Faculty of Medicine, Sophia Antipolis University, Nice (France).
- Various training courses in speech therapy, autism, behaviour modification.
- Degree in Psychology, Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain).
- Director and neuropsychologist, "Alexandra Pardos Neuropsychology Centre". Neuropsychological evaluations, diagnoses and cognitive rehabilitation.Neuropsychologist. Anglo-American Medical Unit, Madrid (Spain).
- University professor in Psychology degree and General Health Master’s (Pontificia Comillas University ICAI ICADE).
Expert collaborator with PEARSON, in the validation of psychometric tests.
- Neuropsychologist. CADE Centre, EDUCA-ACTIVA Foundation, Madrid (Spain). Neuropsychological evaluations and psychopedagogical treatments.
- Internship in Neuropsychology. CENOP FL, Centre for Neuropsychological Evaluation and Educational Guidance, Francine Lussier and Janine Flessas (Montreal, Canada).
- Psychologist in Early Care. APAFAM, Association of Parents, Relatives and Friends of People with Disabilities. Lozoyuela, Madrid (Spain).
- Educator and Stimulator. Planeta Juego, Early Leisure Centre for 0-6 years, Madrid (Spain).
- University professor in different Master’s in neuropsychology, learning difficulties, speech therapy (UCM, UPO, ISEP).
Publications, Conferences and Papers
- PARDOS, A., FERNÁNDEZ-JAÉN, A. y MARTÍN FERNÁNDEZ-MAYORALAS D., Habilidades sociales en el trastorno por déficit de atención/hiperactividad (“Social skills in ADHD”), Madrid, REV NEUROL, 2009, 48.
- PARDOS, A., QUINTERO, J., ZULUAGA P., FERNÁNDEZ A., Análisis descriptivo de la batería Test of Everyday Attention (TEA-Ch) en población infantil española de Educación Primaria, (“Descriptive analysis of TEA-Ch in Spanish Primary School children”), Madrid, Actas Esp Psiquiatr 2016; 44 (5): 183-92.
- Chapter El trastorno por Déficit de Atención con/sin Hiperactividad. (“ADD with/without Hyperactivity”) Manual of Paediatric Neuropsychology, Publisher: José María Ruiz Sánchez de León. Creative Commons License, collaboration ISEP. 2016.
- PARDOS, A., González, M., Intervención sobre las funciones Ejecutivas desde el ámbito Educativo. (“Intervention on the Executive functions from the Educational field”). Revista Iberoamericana de Educación, 2018, 78 I
- Guía de Neuropsicología Infantil (“Child Neuropsychology Guide”), Editorial SINTESIS, Madrid. Future publication 2019.
- Member of the Madrid Association of Neuropsychology (AMN).
Medical UnitEDUCATIONAL & NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL UNIT
No hay tratamientos asignados a este profesional.