With over 30 years of experience, Doctor Antonio Porcuna is one of the most renowned plastic surgeons at a national and international level. His professional responsibility, both in the field of aesthetic and of reconstructive surgery, make up a comprehensive profile in all the techniques related with his speciality, providing a differentiating quality that provides safety and trust to patients who visit him.
Trained in Spain, the United Kingdom, Italy and the United States, he is a point of reference in all surgery requiring meticulous work and greater medical requirements such as facial surgery: rhinoplasty, otoplasty, lifting and blepharoplasty.
He has been the president of the Spanish Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (2007-2008) and president of the SECPRE Teaching Foundation (2008-2010). Likewise, he has been the Spanish representative on the NATO Military Medical Research Committee (1995-2005) and Scientific and Research Advisor of the Madrid Medical Association.
In the teaching field he is notable for his work as a Health Sciences Professor at the Complutense University of Madrid, the San Pablo CEU University and the Military Health School. Furthermore, he is a regular speaker at national and international courses and conferences.
Training, Degrees and Honours
- Graduate in Medicine (1973)
- Specialised in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (1978)
- Specialised training in the United Kingdom, Italy and the United States
- Legnano Civil Hospital (Italia), training in hand surgery
- San Antonio, Texas, training in the Burn Unit and the Plastic Surgery Unit
- Management of PorcunaDeBenito Clinic, Madrid
- Head of Plastic Surgery Service, Defensa Gómez-Ulla Central Hospital, Madrid
- Spanish representative on the NATO Military Medical Research Committee (1995 – 2005)
- Associate Professor of Health Sciences at the Complutense University of Madrid
- Professor of Health Sciences at the San Pablo-CEU University and the Military Health School
- Tutor of specialists in training in Plastic Surgery at the Gómez-Ulla Hospital, Madrid
Publications, Conferences and Honours
- Regular speaker at national and international courses and conferences.
- Member of the Spanish Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Society (SECPRE); president from 2007 – 2008
- President of the SECPRE Teaching Foundation, 2008 – 2010
- Scientific and Research Advisor of the Madrid Medical Association
- Member of the Spanish Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery Association (AECEP)
- Member of the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (IPRAS)
- Member of the European Association of Societies of Aesthetic Surgery (EASAPS)
- Member of the Iberian-Latin American Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Foundation (FILACP)
- Member of the Basque Country-Navarra-La Rioja-Aragon Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (SVNRA)
- Founding Member of the Spanish Society of Applications of Fat Transplants (SETGRA)
Medical UnitPlastic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine Unit
No hay tratamientos asignados a este profesional.