Doctor Bartolomé Scola Yurrita as a Graduate in Medicine from the University of Zaragoza, a specialist in Otorhinolaryngology and doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the Complutense University of Madrid.
During his extensive professional career he has specialised in ontological surgery and head and neck surgery, areas which he entered during his international training in Parma (Italy) and New York (United States).
In the field of research, he has participated in multiple projects. The most recent focus on the field of voice pathology, specifically on the study of the voice and Parkinson’s disease and the study of infiltration of fat enriched with stem cells in vocal cord paralysis.
In teaching, he acts as an associate professor of Otorhinolaryngology at the Complutense University of Madrid and has been the director and professor of multiple courses, as well as a tutor of residents.
He has participated in numerous national and international conferences, providing lectures at many, and has over one hundred publications in scientific journals.
During the last 15 years he has acted as Head of the Otorhinolaryngology Service at the Gregorio Marañón University General Hospital.
Training, Degrees and Honours
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Faculty of Medicine of Zaragoza, 1974
- Revalidation of degree by the Faculty of Medicine of Zaragoza, 1975
- Doctorate courses at the Faculty of Medicine of Madrid, 1976
- Degree of Specialist Doctor in Otorhinolaryngology, 1979
- Doctor in Medicine and Surgery from the Complutense University of Madrid, 1989
- 2002–2017, Head of Otorhinolaryngology service, Gregorio Marañón University General Hospital, Madrid
- 2006 – 2013, Member of the National Commission of the speciality of Otorhinolaryngology
- International Scientific Editorial Board of The Acta Otorrinolaringologica Italica, member
- Editorial committee of the Spanish Otorhinolaryngology Act, member
- 1982 – 2002, Associate doctor of Otorhinolaryngology. Provincial Hospital of Madrid
- 1985- 2001, Tutor of Otorhinolaryngology residents, Gregorio Marañón General University Hospital, Madrid, Provincial Hospital of Madrid
- 1983, By opposition, Associate doctor of Otorhinolaryngology, Provincial Hospital of Madrid
- 1982 – 1983, Interim associate doctor of Otorhinolaryngology, Provincial Hospital of Madrid
- 1976 – 1980, Resident doctor of Otorhinolaryngology, Provincial Hospital of Madrid
- 1993–2017, Associate professor of Otorhinolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Complutense University of Madrid
- 1990 – 1993, Collaborating teacher, department of Surgery II, Faculty of Medicine, Complutense University
Publications, Conferences and Honours
- 123 publications in national journals
- 53 publications in international journals
- 194 lectures to national conferences
- 118 lectures to international conferences
- 67 appearances as a panellist or moderator on roundtables at national conferences
- 62 appearances as a panellist or moderator on roundtables at international conferences
- Participation in 85 National and 101 International Conferences
- Invited as a professor to 69 Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery courses in Spain and 23 abroad
- Organiser and/or director of 45 Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery courses
- Spanish Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Cervical-Facial Pathology. President of the Head and Neck and Skull Base Surgery department. 2000-2003. Vice secretary, 2003-2006. General secretary, 2006-2009
- Spanish Head and Neck Surgeons Society, General Secretary, 1982-2002. Vice president, 2002-2006
- European Society of Surgical Oncology. Full Member. 1982
- Georges Portman Foundation. Member. 1987
- European Laryngological Society. Founding member. 1994
- French Otorhinolaryngology Society. Member.1996.
- European Academy of Otology and Neurotology. Founding member, 1996
- Basque O.R.L. society. Permanent member. 1999
- Madrid ORL society. Spokesperson, 2009
- Spanish Skull Base Society. Spokesperson, 2006. Secretary, 2007. Spokesperson, 2008
- Ibero-American Otorhinolaryngology Academy. Spokesperson, 2009-2013
- DAREVOZ: Remote assisted diagnosis by voice from biometric measures and other parameterisations.
- Modelling and automatic classification of pathology voice patterns for clinical application on the internet.
- DAMAVOZ: automatic diagnosis, with objective quality measures through the evaluation of voice and phonation.
- Functional repercussions of larynx nerve connections in the human body. Electrophysiological and morphometric study.
- Neoplastic transformation mechanisms in paragangliomas of the head and neck.
- Treatment of unilateral paralysis of the vocal cord in glottic incompetency through the intracordal injection of mesenchymal stem cells derived from fat tissue.
- Study on voice alterations in degenerative neurological pathology.
Medical UnitVoice and Otorhinolaryngology Unit
No hay tratamientos asignados a este profesional.