Doctor Cecilia Almuiña Tojo is a graduate in Medicine from the Complutense University of Madrid and a specialist in Family and Community Medicine.
Since she began practicing medicine, she decided that her work should have a comprehensive focus on the pathology and full attention to the patient. With this vision of medicine, she specialised her work, not only in different services and specialities, but also in the emergency departments of several hospitals.
She has also had a vocation for international social projects, volunteering in Calcutta, India, where she began caring for patients who spoke different languages, and carried out studies on international patients.
Her collaboration in national and European research projects is notable, as well as her participation in various publications on the control of cardiovascular risk factor.
She has practised Emergency Medicine in the public and private hospital environment, also carrying out hospital teaching for training residents.
Training, Degrees and Honours
- Graduate in Medicine from the Complutense University of Madrid (2007)
- Specialist in Family and Community Medicine, Puerta de Hierro University Hospital (2009 – 2013)
- Master’s Degree in Emergency Medicine, Complutense University of Madrid and San Carlos Hospital Clinic (2012-2013)
- Master’s Degree in Integrative and Humanist Medicine, Rey Juan Carlos University, Lisbon Atlantic University and San José Hospital (2015)
- 2014 - 2016, Medical management of Personalised Integrated Medicine Clinical Department. Early Diagnosis and Family Medicine Unit. External collaboration with San Rafael Hospital, Madrid.
- 2014 - 2016, Associate Doctor, Spanish Institute of Psychiatric Research. Coordination of medical pathology, Dr. Rojas team.
- 2014 – 2015, Associate Doctor, Endothelium and Cardiometabolic Medicine Unit, Internal Medicine Service, Ramón y Cajal Hospital, Madrid
- 2013 – 2014, Assistant Doctor, Emergency Service, Defensa Gómez Ulla Central Hospital, Madrid. Teaching at Alcalá de Henares University Hospital and Military Health School, Madrid
- 2013, Assistant Doctor, Emergency Service, Norte Sanchinarro University Hospital, HM Hospitales
- 2001 – 2002, Volunteer doctor, Khodarpur Hospital Kolkata, India, Indian Institute for Mother and Child NGO.
Publications, conferences and seminars
- Molecular bases of anti-ageing medicine
- Critical analysis of antioxidants in cardiovascular pathology. The place of coenzyme Q10, Resveratrol and Melatonin
- General bases of insulin therapy
- Prevention of Diabetes Mellitus type 2. Teaching on the most prevalent studies and their application to clinical practice
- Overall therapeutic strategy for patients with Diabetes Mellitus type 2
- Management of inpatient hyperglycemia in critical and non-critical illness
All of these published in “Overall control of cardiometabolic risk. Endothelium as a professional target. Therapy based on diagnosis. Cardiovascular prevention methods”. Volume II. Editor: J. Sabán Ruiz. Coeditors: E. Asin Cardiel; F. Fernández – Avilés Editorial Díaz de Santos
- SDRIFE secondary to topical nitrofurazone reproduced by oral plantago ovata husk, International Journal of Dermatology
- PHTLS Provider – Prehospital Trauma Life Support Provider (2013 – 2016)
- SEMFYC, Spanish Family and Community Medicine Society
- SEMES, Spanish Emergency Medicine Society
- SEMERGEN, Spanish Primary Care Physician Society
- ASEPROIM, Spanish Association for Nutrition and Integrative Medicine Professionals
Collaboration in national and European projects:
- Horizon 2020: SOPAS, Self-control of Obesity and Prevalence of Cardiovascular diseases through an intelligent decision support system with Sensoring capabilities. New strategies for obesity.
- 2015 challenges: TIC4HTA, ITC support platform for the self-management of HTA.
- Retos 2015: Endothelium. Effects of a purple garlic extract on vascular endothelium
Medical UnitInternational Medical Institute
No hay tratamientos asignados a este profesional.