Doctor Gabriel Rubio, scientific advisor of the Vithas International Anxiety and Depression Treatment Unit, is a Graduate in Medicine from the University of Valencia and a Specialist in Psychiatry, having carried out training at the La Paz University Hospital, Madrid.
His prestige is supported by over 33 years of professional experience, during which he has written 14 books of Psychiatry and 120 international publications.
Belongs to important societies such as the Spanish Psychiatric Society, the Society for Neuroscience, The International Cannabinoid Research Society, and is also a Member of the Brain and Mind Foundation.
His work as Head of Department at the 12 de Octubre University Hospital in Madrid must be highlighted, where he has also carried out research work at the I+12 Research Institute.
His teaching work at the Complutense University of Madrid and the Autonomous University is also especially important (accredited as a Professor).
Training, Degrees and Honours
- Graduate in Medicine from the University of Valencia (1983)
- Doctor of Psychiatry from the University of Alcalá (1988)
- Professor of Psychiatry (2007)
- Accredited by ANECA as a professor of Psychiatry (2015)
- Head of Psychiatry department of the 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid
- Coordinator of the comprehensive alcohol treatment programme “Ayúdate-Ayúdanos”, awarded by the Albert Jovell Foundation (2015) and the “Hospital optimista” Foundation (2016)
- 2007 – present, Professor of Psychiatry. Psychiatry assistant. 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid, Complutense University of Madrid,
- 2003-2007, Head of Mental Health at Retiro Services, Community of Madrid Health Services,
- 2002-2003, Coordinator of Research and Teaching of the Office of Mental Health, Community of Madrid Health Services
- 2001-2002, Psychiatry assistant, 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid
- 1996 – 2001, Medical director, Benito Menni health complex, Madrid
- 1994 – 1996, Psychiatry assistant, Community of Madrid Health Services
- 1990-1994, Residency in Psychiatry, La Paz University Hospital, Madrid
- 1983 – 1989, Doctor, Regional action plan on drugs
Publications, conferences and seminars
- Author of 120 international works and 14 books on Psychiatry
- Spanish Psychiatry Association
- Society for Neuroscience
- The International Cannabinoid Research Society
- Brain and Mind Foundation.
- Member of the Addictive Disorders Network.
- Researcher of the 12 de Octubre Hospital Research Institute, Madrid (i+12)
- Main researcher of 7 national and 2 European competitive projects
Medical UnitAnxiety and Depression Treatment Unit
No hay tratamientos asignados a este profesional.