Julio Ampuero is a graduate in Psychology and Pedagogy and now specializes in neuropsychology, having initially trained as a teacher of Philology, Hearing and Language. He is an expert in Clinical Speech Therapy, Phonoaudiology, Phoniatrics and Vocal Science, as well as techniques for public speaking.
His extensive professional career in voice and communication assessment and rehabilitation makes him a leading reference in our country. As he himself states, human voice is influenced by both physical and psychological aspects as well as by personal use, since it is our personal ID in everyday life.
He currently directs and coordinates a range of voice units in both public and private spheres. At teaching level, he also has extensive experience as a coordinator and speaker in different voice training courses for professionals, and as a postgraduate tutor in Speech Therapy, Clinical Speech Therapy and Phoniatrics at various universities, both in Spain and overseas.
He is also an adviser and trainer on occupational safety for voice professionals at a range of institutions such as the Higher Centre for Scientific Research (CSIC), Instituto Cervantes, National Heritage, universities, town councils and regional bodies.
He collaborates with the CTB (Scientific Research Centre) in leading research projects, and is a member of several commissions of the CLM (Madrid Speech Therapy College).
Also worthy of mention is his role as adviser and collaborator in implementing speech intervention and rehabilitation programs and protocols in hospitals around the country, as well as his pioneering work in developing specific Units (dysphagia, stroke, laryngectomy) in hospitals.
Training, Qualifications and Honours
- Philology/Hearing and Language Professor, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Expert in Clinical Speech Therapy/Phonoaudilogy/Phoniatrics. Behavioral, Hearing and Language Disorders, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Degree in Psychology and Pedagogy, Universidad Oberta de Cataluña
- Phonoaudiology and Vocal Science Doctorate Courses, Higher Council for Scientific Research State Agency (CSIC)
- Master's Degree in Neuropsychology, Universidad Oberta de Cataluña
- 2013 - present, Executive Director of Equipo Omega SL
- 2007 - present, Director and Coordinator of the Voice Unit (UNIVOZ) at Hospital Vithas Nuestra Señora de América
- 2015 - present, Director and Coordinator of SEPAP (Services for the Promotion of Personal Autonomy), for adults with Grade I dependency. “ASL Omega Socio-Sanitaria”.
- 2015 - present, Logophoniatric coordination and rehabilitation in different medical societies
- 2013 - present, Rh Program Coordinator in the Dysphagia Unit at Hospital Universitario La Princesa, Madrid
- 2004 - 2016, Technical Director, Coordinator and Rehabilitator in Phoniatrics and Speech Therapy in various health centres
- 2013 - 2015, Phoniatrics and Speech Therapy Coordinator and Rehabilitator, Cajal Accord, in various public hospitals in Madrid Region
- 1989, Public Official in Madrid Region, Member of the Education Guidance Team
- 1997 - present, Coordinator and Speaker in Training Courses for Voice Professionals and Teachers
- 2005 - present, Adviser and Trainer at Instituto Cervantes
- 1995 - 2016, Professor-Tutor of Speech Therapy In-Service Training at Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Teacher Training Colleges, and University of Louvain
Publications, congresses and papers
- Coordinator and Speaker in Training Courses for Voice Professionals and Teachers in Primary and Secondary Schools and Universities since 1997, with more than 350 lectures, courses and congresses.
- CSIC publications: "Studies on VOT in laryngectomy patients"
- Speaker at Professional Conferences on Language, Speech and Voice at internal coordination level in hospitals around Madrid through the Carrasco and Cajal Accords since 2000.
- Programs coordinator at Hospital Universitario “La Princesa”, Madrid, involving:
- Rh in the dysphagia unit
- Rh family and in-hospital code stroke
- Rh in-hospital laryngectomy patients, among others
Medical UnitSpeech and Lenguage Communication Institute
No hay tratamientos asignados a este profesional.