Doctor Julio Prieto, scientific advisor of the Anxiety and Depression Treatment Unit of Vithas International, is a Specialist in Clinical Neurophysiology, a field in which he has over 25 years of experience.
During his professional career he has carried out clinical practice in several renowned centres, such as the Jiménez Díaz Foundation and the Niño Jesús Hospital, ultimately taking on the role of the Head of the Clinical Neurophysiology Service of the Gregorio Marañón University General Hospital, Madrid.
He has also carried out teaching work at the Faculty of Health Sciences of the European university of Madrid, among others.
In the field of research, he is notable for basing his doctoral thesis on transcranial magnetic stimulation. Furthermore, he has participated in one of the most recent studies on multimodal correlation with guided transcranial magnetic stimulation, functional magnetic resonance and direct cortical electrical stimulation.
His teaching work is also notable, as an Associate Professor of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the UEM. He has also acted as a tutor of the speciality since 2007.
Likewise, he has published 11 national and 6 international articles, and has collaborated on two books on the physiology of the nervous system.
Training, Degrees and Honours
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the Complutense University of Madrid, 1989
- Specialised in Clinical Neurophysiology, carried out by as a Resident Medical Intern at the Gregorio Marañón University General Hospital, Madrid
- Completed the Doctorate programme in Neurosciences at the Complutense University of Madrid, 1997
- Doctoral thesis: “Evaluation of the phenomena of cortical facilitation and inhibition in humans through transcranial magnetic stimulation”, 2015
- 2016- present, Head of Clinical Neurophysiology Service of Gregorio Marañón University General Hospital, Madrid
- 1999- present, Assistant Doctor of the Clinical Neurophysiology Service of Gregorio Marañón University General Hospital, Madrid
- 1997, Assistant Doctor of the Clinical Neurophysiology Service of Niño Jesús Hospital, Madrid
- 1995 – 1997, Assistant Doctor contracted as a Clinical Neurophysiologist in the Neurology Service of the Jiménez Díaz Foundation, Madrid
- 1995, 1996, Assistant Doctor of the Clinical Neurophysiology Service of Puerta de Hierro Clinic, Madrid
- February 1995, Assistant Doctor of the Clinical Neurophysiology Service of Albacete General Hospital
- 1991 – 1994, Resident doctor of Clinical Neurophysiology at the Gregorio Marañón University General Hospital
- Associate Professor in the Faculty of Health Sciences of the UEM, Madrid: 7 courses (1320 teaching hours)
- Professor of practice of the Medicine I department, HGUGM: 5 courses
- Professor of practice of Biomedical Engineering Degree of the Carlos III University: 4 courses
- Tutor of the speciality since July 2007
Publications, conferences and seminars
- Co-author of the book “Bases de la Fisiología” (1st Ed, 2001 and 2nd Ed, reviewed and expanded, 2007)
- Chapter 12.1 General properties of the Nervous System
- Chapter 12.2 Structure of the Nervous System
- Chapter 12.3 Sensory systems
- Chapter 12.4 Motor system
- Chapter 12.5 Autonomous nervous system
- Indexed journals: 11 national and 6 internationals
- Author of numerous national and international speeches and lectures
- FIS PI070632 Project. Location of eloquent functional cerebral cortex areas. Study of multimodal correlation with guided transcranial magnetic stimulation, functional magnetic resonance and direct cortical electric stimulation. Participant
- FIS PS09/00830 Project. Clinical characterisation, neurophysiology and neuroimaging of hereditary spastic paraparesis in adults. Phenotype-genotype correlation. Participant
Medical UnitAnxiety and Depression Treatment Unit
No hay tratamientos asignados a este profesional.