Raquel Meizoso Muñoz is a clinical psychologist, graduating with Honours from COMILLAS-ICAI-ICADE University. Subsequently, she received a scholarship from the University of HARVARD for her Master’s at said University in Advice and Psychological Counselling, moving to Boston for 5 years, where she completed her training.
There, she specialised in couples and family psychotherapy for 3 years and practiced in various mental health clinics specialising in people’s psychological and health problems.
She also carried out further research in the field as consultant for the American Institute for Research, where they analyse the impact of education programmes in the high-risk adolescent population.
For 3 years she worked in an early care programme for children, often hospitalised, at high risk of delayed maturation due to medical problems and was responsible for coordination with the Hospital.
On her return to Madrid, she became part of the clinical team of the Massachusetts Institute Hospital in Spain (psychiatric hospital of acute admitted patients), where she manages the hospital’s psychology department.. And she is continuing to expand her training in Transformational Modular Therapy in ELIPSIS with Dr. Hugo Bleichmar.
She is currently very interested in the study of psychological problems relating to medical conditions and works both in her own practice and in the Anglo-American Medical Unit with patients from different cultures.
Training, Qualifications and Honors
- Degree in Psychology with HONOURS. Universidad Pontificia Comillas, ICAI-ICADE, Madrid, 1977-1982
- Master’s in “Counselling and Consulting Psychology”, Harvard University, Massachusetts (USA), June 1983.
- Certified Family Therapist, theoretical training and clinical practice programme, under direct supervision (Programme accredited by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, AAMFT, and the American Psychological Association). Kantor Family Institute, Massachusetts, (USA), 1984 - 1987.
- University Specialist in Clinical and Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy (title from Pontificia Comillas University), Escuela Libre Enseñanza del Psicoanálisis (Elipsis), Madrid, 1989 - 2002.
- Official Title Ministry of Education of Clinical Psychology Specialist, Madrid, 2007.
- American Institute for Research, Massachusetts, 1983 - 1984. Consultant in research project that studied the long-term effects on pregnant teenagers of attending educational programmes offered by the Community.
- Brighton Early Intervention (Vinfen Corporation), Boston, Massachusetts. Family therapist, working with families with children from 0 to 3 years old with medical problems, often hospitalised, leukaemia, Spina Bifida, Goldenhard Syndrome, etc. Coordination of the multidisciplinary work between the medical services of Boston Children's Hospital when patients were hospitalised and the early intervention programme with families. Organising groups for parents of children hospitalised with different problems, cerebral palsy, leukaemia, etc. 1983 – 1986, 20 hours per week; 1986 – 1987, 40 hours per week.
- Private practice, Boston, Massachusetts. Couples and family therapy with patients from different cultures. 1986 – 1988.
- Massachusetts Institute Spain (Psychiatric Hospital) Madrid, 1987 – 1991. Director of the Department of Psychology. Responsible for designing and coordinating all the psychological services of the hospital. Participating in the development of treatment plans for patients with different pathologies, e.g. food disorders, alcoholism, depression, drug addiction, etc. Individual and family assessments. Selection and recruitment of psychology staff. Supervising the team of psychologists and interns. Organising multifamily treatment groups.
- Psychology Practice, Clinical Psychology. Madrid.1991- present. Couples and family therapy with patients with both psychological and medical problems. Example: partners suffering from terminal illness, couples suffering from infertility, etc.
- Anglo-American Clinical Psychology Unit- Madrid, 2009- present.
- Evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of psychological problems relating to diseases, depression after cardiovascular event, colon cancer, students from different cultures, cultural adjustment problems, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas / ICADE, Madrid, 1987 – 1989. I taught couples and family therapy courses to Master’s students.
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas / ICADE, Madrid, 1990 – 1991. Visiting professor teaching a family therapy course to Ph.D. students.
- Elipsis, Escuela de Libre Enseñanza de Psicoanálisis, Madrid,1992 - 1993. Visiting professor, invited to teach a family therapy course using a systemic approach.
Publications, Conferences and Papers
- Harvard University. “Cross Cultural Counseling in Mental Health Consultation". Visiting professor. 1985.
- Spanish Nutrition Foundation. Presentation “Familia y anorexia nerviosa” (Family and anorexia nervosa). March 1990.
- Conference on Guidance and Family Therapy in Families Affected by Illness or Deficiencies. Organised by the MAPFRE Medicine Foundation. Presentation: “La enfermedad en la familia. La familia en el hospital. Terapia familiar en el Hospital.” (Illness in families. Families in hospital. Family therapy in Hospitals) May 1993.
- International Crisis on the Ebola Virus. Medical and Psychological perspectives.2014.
- Massachusetts General Hospital-Harvard Medical School- Psychiatry Academy- Boston 2004-2016 (Refresher courses for psychiatrists and psychologists)
1. Psychopharmacology 2016
2. Autism Spectrum Disorder Across the lifespan, 2014
3. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2009
4. Clinical Training in MInd-Body Medicine- 2007-HARVARD BENSON INSTITUTE FOR MIND AND BODY MEDICINE
5. Psychiatric Neuroscience for Clinicians-2006
6. Child and Adolenscent Psychopharmacology-2006
7. Psychiatric Care of the Medically ill-2004
- Clinical Seminar on Family Therapy, Organised by M. Andolfi. March 1989
- Brighton Marine Public Health Center. How to detect soft neurological signs in children. May 1987
- Harvard Medical School. Learning from women. April 1987
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center. Empowering parents – how to make parents more competent and effective in the education of their children. April 1987
- American Orthopsychiatric Association
- Fundación Archivos de Neurobiología (Neurobiology Archives Foundation)
- College of Psychologists of Madrid
- Sociedad Forum de Psicoterapia Psicoanalítica (Forum for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy)
Medical UnitCLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY UNIT
No hay tratamientos asignados a este profesional.