Doctor Úrsula Rodríguez Pielasinski is a graduate in Medicine and Surgery from University of Cádiz, and a specialist in Medical and Surgical Dermatology and Venereology. She also has an international master's degree in Aesthetic Dermatology.
With over 10 years' experience, she has developed her career in a range of leading hospitals and clinics, most notably Hospital Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Hospital Clínic in Barcelona, Hospital Universitario Niño Jesús in Madrid, and Valencia Oncology Institute. She is currently part of Vithas International Dermatology Institute, a highly specialised unit under the leadership of Dr Pedro Jaén.
Dr Rodriguez has been a speaker at several conferences on dermatology for primary care, and has published numerous articles in medical journals. She has also collaborated as a teacher at University of Alcalá and Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, and has particular interest in paediatric dermatology and the treatment of atopic dermatitis in children, in the treatment of juvenile and adult acne, and in the field of skin oncology and monitoring of moles.
Training, qualificarions and honours
- Degree in Medicine (University of Cádiz, Cádiz, 2008).
- Specialist in Medical and Surgical Dermatology and Venereology (Hospital Universitario Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Madrid, 2013).
- International Master's Degree in Aesthetic Dermatology (University of Alcalá, Madrid, 2019/2020).
- Attending Physician at Vithas International Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine Institute (Madrid, 2019-present).
- Private Clinic Dr Ana Ojea (Madrid, 2016-2019).
- Attending Physician of Dermatology at Vithas Madrid Arturo Soria (Madrid, 2016-present).
- Attending Physician of Dermatology at Fundación Jiménez Díaz (2013-2018).
- HM Madrid Hospitals. Hospital de Sanchinarro (Madrid, 2013-2015).
- Private Clinic Nuevo Centro Médico Majadahonda (Madrid, 2013-2014).
- Head of Interns at Hospital Universitario Fundación Jiménez Díaz (Madrid, 2013-2014).
- Dermatology Service at Hospital Universitario Infantil Niño Jesús (Madrid, 2013).
- Dermatology Service in Melanoma Unit at Hospital Clínic (Barcelona, 2012).
- Dermatology Service in Laser Unit at Ramón y Cajal Hospital (Madrid, 2012).
- Dermatology Service at Valencia Oncology Institute (Valencia, 2012).
- Teaching collaboration as attending Physician of Dermatology at Universidad Autónoma (June 2015-present).
- Teaching collaboration at Universidad Autónoma, giving classes in Dermatology (April-May 2013).
- Clinical collaboration with Fundación Jiménez Díaz Teaching Unit at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (academic years 2010-2013).
- Teaching collaboration at University of Alcalá, giving classes in Dermatology (April 2012).
Publications, conferences and honours
- Attendance at a wide range of congresses, courses and scientific meetings of national and international scope, most notably her work as a speaker at:
- 3rd Conference on Dermatology for Primary Care. Toledo, 20th and 21st October 2017. "Atopic Dermatitis: a Disease beyond the Skin".
- 4th Conference on Dermatology for Primary Care. Ávila, 15th and 16th June 2018. "Dermatology Emergencies".
- Presentation of papers and posters at national and international congresses.
- 17 papers published in national and international scientific journals, most notably:
- Pielasinski, U.; Haro, R.; Santonja, C.; Kutzner, H. y Requena, L. Essential thrombocythemia presenting as localized livedo reticularis. Am J Dermatopathol 2012. In print.
- Pielasinski, U.; Machan, S.; Camacho, D.; Fariña, MC. and Requena, L. Total acquired leukonychia in a patient infected by the human immunodeficiency virus. Dermosifiliogr minutes. 2012. In print.
- 9 chapters in books, most notably:
- Pielasinski, U.; Feltes, F.; Machan, S. and Requena, L. Umbilical Cystic Lesion in a Newborn. Clinical Cases of Dermatology Interns 2012.
- Pielasinski, U. and Molina, A. Medical Treatment in Dermatology. Dermatology Manual for Interns. 2012, p. 771-791.
- Member of the Official College of Physicians of Madrid (ICOMEM).
- Member of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (AEDV)